Shows & DJs
On Air: Sunday: 18:00 - 22:00
1 Likes Log in
Oh noooooo! I just found out that petrol prices are set to increase by 18cents a litre next week!
Why do I have this nagging feeling that this is the first of many to come this year?
I guess that means I be spending a lot more time on my Ferrari-red scooter, Nippy.
Some of the advantages include:
- It only takes 20 bucks to fill the tank. 20. Can you believe it! 20!
- No traffic. Wela-kapela!
- Both your arms get tanned on a nice hot day, instead of just the classic one-arm tan guys like me get when we drive with our one arm resting on the door when the window’s down. Come on, own up!
- You don’t need petrol for your aircon. It’s free!
But, as with anything in life, there are downsides:
· Want chicken skin? Ride in the morning or evening with short sleeves.
· You can only take one passenger with you. Otherwise it gets pretty lonely in that helmet.
· You can’t listen to the radio. Bummer. But in the interests of staying alive, it’s a small price to pay. Get there alive, and download that podcast from goodhope fm.co.za.
· Riding in the rain or wind could make you soil yourself. Not good.
· Sneezing in your helmet. Also not good.
· Helmet hair. Enough said.
So on that note, I rev nippy with pride. My only wish is that Cape Town becomes a far friendlier biker-city.
Feel free to add your own biker/scooter tips and
experiences. Check out http://home.clara.net/
See you on the Mother City highways!
On Air: 15:00 - 18:00