Everything you need to know
WAYS TO LISTEN TO GOOD HOPE FM
- ON YOUR RADIO:
Find the Good Hope FM frequency in the Frequency Finder along the left edge of this page. If your area isn't listed or if you're battling to get good signal please bear in mind that Good Hope FM is allocated a certain number of transmitters legally allowed by ICASA for our broadcast footprint. Good Hope FM is an SABC Radio Station and thereby is allocated transmitters in certain areas only. These transmitters have a designated wattage strength which allows a specific footprint over a given area only. By law, we are not allowed to exceed this allocation. You can call ICASA explaining your needs and hopefully they can help you:
011 566 3000/3001
- USING YOUR BROWSER (computer)
The "Listen Live" feature streams Good Hope FM live via any browser on your desktop computer, laptop.
WHAT SONG IS PLAYING?
- The bar at the top below the Live Show section of Website should assist you
- ASK THE DJ
Please give the DJ as much information about the song as possible. Take note of the time/date/show the song was played. The song title, artist, lyrics or genre will also help.
For a list of DJs and DJ contact details, go to the “On Air Personalities” on the Footer Navigation under Shows.
- ASK Good Hope FM on Facebook
- ASK Good Hope FM on Twitter
- RDS (Song info displayed on your car radio)
The display on your radio in your car, depending on model of your car should display the song information barring any signal issues.
If you would like your mix to be considered for airplay, submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For on-air consideration DJ's must be registered with SAMRO & SAMPRA. Due to limited slots available for guest DJ's and the high volume of mix submissions, we cannot contact all the DJ's with feedback. If you have not heard from Good Hope FM within three weeks, please consider your submission unsuccessful.
Good Hope FM does not offer downloads of any kind.
CONNECT TO LIFE
- GETTING INVOLVED
Good Hope FM gets involved by helping good causes.
E-mail email@example.com with any queries.
- PROMOTING YOUR CAUSE
If you would like a chance for your cause to be promoted on Connect to Life please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with all the details.
Please note that Good Hope FM does not sponsor events. We act as a media partner and promote them.
- WHO TO CONTACT
Send you community notices with at least two weeks notice to email@example.com.
The noticeboard can only accommodate a limited amount of notices, so it is on a first come, first served notice.
SUBMIT ORIGINAL MUSIC FOR AIRPLAY
- Submit your track digitally to: firstname.lastname@example.org - preferably an MP3 not bigger than 5MB
- Drop your track off at: Good Hope FM, SABC, 209 Beach Road, Sea Point, Cape Town
- Post your track to: Good Hope FM, P.O. Box 2551, Cape Town, 8000.
Due to the high volume of music submissions and Good Hope FM's selection process, we cannot contact all the artists with feedback. If you have not heard from Good Hope FM after six weeks, please consider your submission unsuccessful.
SUGGEST EXISTING TRACKS FOR GOOD HOPE FM'S PLAYLIST
E-mail email@example.com with your suggestions
WHICH DJ/SHOW IS ON AIR?
Here's the full Good Hope FM line-up: http://www.goodhopefm.co.za/shows
The Good Hope FM Hit Show is presented by Kyeezi on Saturdays 09h00-12h00. The latest available Top 30 chart can be found on the chart page.
The Good Hope FM SA Top 5 is presented by Ayanda Dlamini on Tuesdays 20h00-20h30. The latest available SA Top 5 chart can be found on the chart page.
General competition rules:
The General Competition Rules are found on the Footer under Competitions.
If you've won a competition, please allow 6-8 weeks for the delivery of your prize.
You can direct all competition enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMIT A GIG
We're auditing all of Good Hope FM’s digital platforms (website, mobisite, apps etc) and the “Submit a Gig” feature is one of these. Please note, the “Submit a Gig” functionality on the Good Hope FM website is not functional.
Good Hope FM does not sponsor events. We act as a media partner and promote them. For any media sponsorship request or queries, e-mail email@example.com.
Good Hope FM does not offer internships/mentorships/shadowing at this stage. Stay tuned for any changes.
WORK AT GOOD HOPE FM
For on-air positions, send your CV and DEMO to Good Hope FM's Programme Manager, Gerard Muller: firstname.lastname@example.org
For off-air positions contact SABC Regional Human Resources department on 021-430 8163 to enquire about any vacancies or stay tuned for on air announcements.
The SABC and its services are signatories to various Codes of Conduct related to its broadcasts. If you have a complaint, you can direct it to any of the following bodies:
- Details on lodging a complaint about programming content that you believe does not comply with the provisions of the Code of Conduct of the Broadcasting Complaints Commission of South Africa can be found at www.bccsa.co.za
- Details on lodging a complaint about advertising that you believe does not comply with the provisions of the Code of Conduct of the Advertising Standards Authority of South Africa can be found at www.asasa.org.za
- Details on lodging a complaint about advertising that you believe does not comply with the provisions of the Code of Conduct of the Wireless Application Service Providers Association of South Africa can be found at www.waspa.co.za
You can send complaints on other SABC matters to:
Private Bag X1
Tel: 011 714 2244
Fax: 011 714 4508