Teen Dream Competition - Foschini
The Good Hope FM Teen Dream 2018 competition brought to you by Foschini, offers 30 matric girls the opportunity to win their dream outfit for the perfect matric farewell to the value of R3 000 from Foschini.
E-mail your motivation and tell us why you deserve to win your dream outfit. Remember to include the name of your school and the date of your Matric Dance. E-mail your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on 8 August. Winners selected must be available to choose their outfit from the Foschini store, Canal Walk between 18:00 and 21:00 on Monday, 20 August or Tuesday 21 August. The Good Hope FM TeenDream2018 competition brought to you by Foschini is supported by the SABC Foundation. #TeenDream2018
All entrants must please ensure that they read and understand all the competition rules and regulations below.
To enter the competition, participants must write a motivation letter (200 words or less) sharing why they deserve to win the prize and email the letter to email@example.com.
- All e-mail motivations must include the matriculant’s full name, age, gender, name and address of the school they attend and the date of their matric farewell function
- Participants who are under the age of 18 years at the time of entering the competition and have not submitted a duly signed “Parent/Guardian Consent Form”, will not be eligible to win a prize. (Consent forms will be sent via return e-mail to all entrants but are also available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This promotional competition is sponsored by Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (registration number 1988/007302/07) a subsidiary of The Foschini Group Limited (“TFG”).
- In these rules, “Promoter” means a person, who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts the promotional competition, or for whose benefit the promotional competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted, which includes TFG.
- No director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter this promotional competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition.
- All participants must be South African citizens and must also be in Grade 12 of a high school situated in the Western Cape of South Africa.
- Should the Promoter, law or any authority terminate this promotional competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such event, all participants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim, of any nature whatsoever against TFG, its directors, agents or employees as a result of the termination.
- TFG reserves the right to vary, postpones, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes which have not yet been drawn, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that TFG deems is reasonable at the time.
- By entering the competition, participants agree and understand that they may win a prize, but that there is no guarantee that they will win a prize.
- There will be 30 winners in total - each will win a win an outfit to the value of R3 000 from Foschini – the outfit must be selected (with the assistance of a stylist) at Foschini (Canal Walk Shopping Centre) on Monday, 20 August 2018 or Tuesday 21 August 2018 between 18:00 and 21:00 (exact day and time of each winner’s styling session will be allocated by Good Hope FM’s on-air promotions coordinator).
- If the value of the outfit chosen by a winner is higher than R3 000, the winner will have to pay in the difference herself.
- The selection of outfits made available for prizes will be at TFG’s sole discretion.
- Winners must make themselves available to attend one of the styling sessions at Foschini in the Canal Walk Shopping Centre, where they will collect their prizes and stylists will style the winners’ outfits. Winners must give their full cooperation at these styling sessions as well as in all correspondence with the competition organisers and TFG. Photographers will photograph the styling sessions and the photos will be made available on various social media and/or printed media platforms (including, but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, various blogs, TFG magazines etc.) for publicity purposes. The winners may also be requested to agree to interviews.
- Winners will not be entitled to a claim for travel expenses or any other expenses they have to incur in order to collect their prizes or to attend the styling sessions. Winners will furthermore not be entitled to claim for any alterations that may have to be made to the outfits chosen by them.
- In the event that winners do not give their full cooperation to the Promoter or the competition organisers, if the Promoter suspects any fraud or if the winners do not strictly comply with these terms and conditions, the winners will forfeit their prizes.
- Participants and winners will not do anything or allow anything to be done which, in the opinion of TFG, is prejudicial to the name, business or reputation of TFG, any of its trading names, brands or suppliers. Participants and winners will exercise the utmost good faith in its dealings with TFG.
- TFG, its directors, agents, employees and the promoters/sponsors do not accept any responsibility for any entries that are lost, damaged or delayed.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred or exchangeable for cash, credit or otherwise.
- If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
- This competition commence on Wednesday, 25 July 2018 and ends at midnight on Wednesday, 8 August 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
- Winner/s will be selected at the discretion of Good Hope FM representatives by Wednesday, 15 August 2018 at the Good Hope FM office in SABC Building, Sea Point, in the presence of an independent accountant/auditor/attorney and will contacted via e-mail/telephone. If the Promoter or competition organizer is not able to contact any winner within 24 hours of Wednesday, 15 August 2018, another winner will be selected in their place.
- Winners will be announced on air on Wednesday, 15 August 2018 where after the winners’ names will be listed on the Good Hope FM website.
- The decision of the competition organisers and/or the Promoter as to who the winners are is final and there will be no correspondence entered into.
- By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, you hereby indemnify TFG, its directors, agents, employees, competition organisers and promoters/sponsors against any damages of any nature whatsoever that anyone may suffer as a result of the prizes and/or this competition, including consequential damages and economic loss.
- Failure to comply with these rules or the terms of acceptance of a prize by a winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the winner will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.
- TFG may request the winners to agree in writing to endorse, promote or advertise any of its goods or services.
- The winners, their names, likeness, profiles, photos, voices, sound effects and/or caricatures may be required to be used for publicity purposes and the winners and/or their representatives agree that they will not be entitled to any payment, any other type of compensation or royalties.
- The winners hold harmless, release and discharge TFG and the above-mentioned social media platforms from any claims, demands and/or causes of action the winners or any person/entity acting on their behalf may have by reason of their consent.
- Any person who participates in this competition shall be deemed to have accepted these competition rules and agrees to be bound by them.
And the winners are:
Kauthar Congo from Alexander Sinton in Crawford
Mushfeeqa Juel from Bishop Lavis High School
Asive Ndlumbini from Cape Town High School
Malika Saban from Claremont High School
Saadiqa Petersen from Goodwood College
Jamie-Lee Jackson from Crestway High School
Rushana Williams from Crystal High School
Amy-Leigh Kleinbooi from Parow High School
Shaadiqa Abrahams from Crystal High School
Joy Barnard from Hottentots Holland High
Desmine Wenn from Luckhoff Senior Secondary
Cindy Faure from Goodwood College
Mecaylah Januarie from Oval North High School, Mitchell's Plain
Mishqa Bieding from Kensington High
Tatum-Lee Petersen from Mondale High Senior Secondary
Cristal Jooste from Perserverance Senior Secondary
Gabriella Marshall from Wynberg Secondary School
Lee-ann Smith from Klein Nederburg School. Paarl
Jaylee Smith from Sarepta High School
Nande Mxathule from Manyano Secondary School, Khayelitsha
Shameen Parker from Steenberg High School
Niketa Arnoldus from Oval North High School, Mitchell's Plain
Andrea Landsman from Lavender Hill High School
Sameegah Jassiem from Westridge Senior Secondary
Aneega Sampson from Peak View Secondary School in Bridgetown
Miche Johnson from Malibu High School
Gadija Salie from Spine Road High
Aneeka Jansen from Mondale High Senior Secondary
Tashreeqah Joseph from Roosendal High School in Delft
Tiffany De Kock from Kensington High