proudly brought to you by Markham & Foschini and supported by the SABC Foundation.
The Good Hope FM TeenDream2016 competition brought to you by Markham & Foschini, offers 20 Matriculants the opportunity to win their dream outfit for the perfect matric farewell. E-mail us your motivation and tell us why you deserve to win your dream outfit. Remember to include the name of your school and the date of your Matric Dance. Ten lucky girls will be selected to win a Foschini outfit to the value of R3000 and ten boys will win an outfit to the value of R3500 from Markham. Your e-mail motivation must be sent to email@example.com and reach us by 12 October 2016. Winners will be announced on Friday, 14 October and must be available to select their outfit during an outside broadcast from the or Markham store (male winners) at Canal Walk, Cape Town on Friday, 21 October, between 16:00 and 19:00 or Foschini store (female winners) at Canal Walk Cape Town on Saturday, 22 October 2016 between 15:00 and 18:00.
The Good Hope FM TeenDream2016 competition brought to you by Markham & Foschini is supported by the SABC Foundation.
Please ensure that you read and understand all the competition rules and regulations below.
- To enter the competition, participants must write a motivation letter (200 words or less) of why they want to win the prize and email the letter, accompanied by the duly signed “Parent/Guardian Consent Form” (if the participant is under the age of 18 years at the time of entering the competition), the participant’s full name, age, gender, name and address of the school they attend and the date of their matric farewell function to Karen@goodhopefm.co.za
- Participants who are under the age of 18 years and have not submitted a duly signed “Parent/Guardian Consent Form”, will not be eligible to win a prize. (Consent form is available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This promotional competition is sponsored by Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (registration number 1988/007302/07) a subsidiary of The Foschini Group Limited (“TFG”).
- In these rules, “Promoter” means a person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts the promotional competition, or for whose benefit the promotional competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted, which includes TFG.
- No director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter this promotional competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition.
- All participants must be South African citizens and must also be in Grade 12 of a high school situated in the Western Cape of South Africa.
- Should the Promoter, law or any authority terminate this promotional competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such event, all participants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim, of any nature whatsoever against TFG, its directors, agents or employees as a result of the termination.
- TFG reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes which have not yet been drawn, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that TFG deems is reasonable at the time.
- By entering the competition, participants agree and understand that they may win a prize, but that there is no guarantee that they will win a prize.
- There will be 20 winners in total:
- 10 female winners will each win a gift card to the value of R3 000 each, which must be spent on the winner’s matric farewell outfit at Foschini (Canal Walk Shopping Centre) on Saturday, 22 October 2016 (the date of the winner’s styling session), and
- 10 male winners will each win a gift card to the value of R3 500 each, which must be spent on the winner’s matric farewell outfit at Markham (Canal Walk Shopping Centre) on Friday, 21 October 2016, (the date of the winner’s styling session).
- If the value of the outfit chosen by a winner is higher than the gift card won by that winner, the winner will have to pay in the difference him/herself.
- The selection of outfits made available for prizes will be at TFG’s sole discretion.
- Winners must make themselves available to attend one of the styling sessions at Canal Walk Shopping Centre, where they will collect their prizes and stylists will style the winners’ outfits. Winners must give their full cooperation at these styling sessions as well as in all correspondence with the competition organisers and TFG. Photographers will photograph the styling sessions and the photos will be made available on various social media and/or printed media platforms (including, but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, various blogs, TFG magazines etc.) for publicity purposes. The winners may also be requested to agree to interviews.
- Winners will not be entitled to a claim for travel expenses or any other expenses they have to incur in order to collect their prizes or to attend the styling sessions. Winners will furthermore not be entitled to claim for any alterations that may have to be made to the outfits chosen by them.
- In the event that winners do not give their full cooperation to the Promoter or the competition organisers, if the Promoter suspects any fraud or if the winners do not strictly comply with these terms and conditions, the winners will forfeit their prizes.
- Participants and winners will not do anything or allow anything to be done which, in the opinion of TFG, is prejudicial to the name, business or reputation of TFG, any of its trading names, brands or suppliers. Participants and winners will exercise the utmost good faith in its dealings with TFG.
- TFG, its directors, agents, employees and the promoters/sponsors do not accept any responsibility for any entries that are lost, damaged or delayed.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred or exchangeable for cash, credit or otherwise.
- If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
- This competition will commence on Monday, 26 September 2016 and end on Wednesday, 12 October 2016. No late entries will be accepted.
- Winner/s will be selected at the discretion of Good Hope FM representatives on Thursday, 13 October 2016 at the Good Hope FM office in SABC Building, Sea Point, in the presence of an independent accountant/auditor/attorney.
- Winners will be announced on Friday, 14 October and contacted via e-mail/telephone. If the Promoter or competition organiser is not able to contact a winner within 24 hours of 14 October 2016, a new winner will be selected in their place.
- The decision of the competition organisers and/or the Promoter as to the winners is final and there will be no correspondence entered into.
- By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, you hereby indemnify TFG, its directors, agents, employees, competition organisers and promoters/sponsors against any damages of any nature whatsoever that anyone may suffer as a result of the prizes and/or this competition, including consequential damages and economic loss.
- Failure to comply with these rules or the terms of acceptance of a prize by a winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the winner will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.
- TFG may request the winners to agree in writing to endorse, promote or advertise any of its goods or services.
- The winners, their names, likeness, profiles, photos, voices, sound effects and/or caricatures may be required to be used for publicity purposes and the winners and/or their representatives agree that they will not be entitled to any payment, any other type of compensation or royalties.
- The winners hold harmless, release and discharge TFG and the above-mentioned social media platforms from any claims, demands and/or causes of action the winners or any person/entity acting on their behalf may have by reason of their consent.
- Any person who participates in this competition shall be deemed to have accepted these competition rules and agrees to be bound by them.
We’ve read the motivations and picked and announced our worthy winners …. now they get to the perfect suit or gown and a flawless look for their perfect Matric Farewell! Join the Fast Forward team on Friday, 21 October, between 16:00 and 19:00 at the Markham store at Canal Walk, when the ten lucky guys will get to select their dream outfits to the value of R3500 … and Saturday, 22 October, the MVP Club with TK will broadcast live between 15:00 and 18:00, from the Foschini store at Canal Walk, when the ten lucky ladies will get to select their ideal outfit to the value of R3000 …sorting them out from their crowns to their toes. The Good Hope FM TeenDream2016 competition brought to you by Markham & Foschini is supported by the SABC Foundation.
Here are the winners:
- Caitlin Adams – Arcadio Senior Secondary School
- Rabia Slamdien – Ocean View Secondary School
- Caylee Solomons – Westridge High School
- Shanna-Leigh Harrison – Grassy Park High School
- Rifqah Ryklief – Alexander Sinton High School
- Salieghah Regal – The Oracle Academy in Ottery
- Jaimee-Lee Smit – Beauvellone Senior Secondary School
- Nafeesa Adams - Tafelsig High School
- Janine Page – Ocean View Secondary School
- Megan Gertze – Malibu High School
- Jody Smit – Aloe High School
- Deago Valentine – Princeton Senior Secondary School
- Zakariah Panday – Belgravia High School
- Chadwin Lewis – Crestway High School
- Rino Matipa – Athlone Hight School
- Ryan Adams – Modderdam High School
- Lance Smith – Mondale High School
- Joshua Jones – Plumstead Senior Secondary
- Alridge Esterhuizen – Ocean View Secondary School
- Jay-Vee Jones – South Peninsula High School