Teen Dream 2017
The Good Hope FM TeenDream2017 competition brought to you by Foschini, offers 20 matric girls the opportunity to win their dream outfit for the perfect matric farewell.
Entries close on 3 August 2017
E-mail your motivation, telling us why you deserve to win your dream outfit, to email@example.com before midnight on the 3rd of August…remember to include the name of your school and the date of your Matric Dance. Twenty girls will win an outfit to the value of R3 000, including a personal stylist from Foschini. Winners will be announced on Thursday, 10 August and must be available to select their outfit during an outside broadcast from the Foschini store at Canal Walk, Cape Town on Saturday, 12 or 19 August, between 12:00 and 15:00. The Good Hope FM TeenDream2017 competition brought to you by Foschini is supported by the SABC Foundation.
All entrants must please ensure that they read and understand all the competition rules and regulations below.
1. To enter the competition, participants must write a motivation letter (200 words or less) sharing why they want to win the prize and email the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. All e-mail motivations must include the matriculant’s full name, age, gender, name and address of the school they attend and the date of their matric farewell function
3. Participants who are under the age of 18 years at the time of entering the competition and have not submitted a duly signed “Parent/Guardian Consent Form”, will not be eligible to win a prize. (Consent forms will be sent via return e-mail to all entrants but are also available on request from email@example.com.
4. This promotional competition is sponsored by Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (registration number 1988/007302/07) a subsidiary of The Foschini Group Limited (“TFG”).
5. In these rules, “Promoter” means a person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts the promotional competition, or for whose benefit the promotional competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted, which includes TFG.
6. No director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter this promotional competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition.
7. All participants must be South African citizens and must also be in Grade 12 of a high school situated in the Western Cape of South Africa.
8. Should the Promoter, law or any authority terminate this promotional competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such event, all participants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim, of any nature whatsoever against TFG, its directors, agents or employees as a result of the termination.
9. TFG reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes which have not yet been drawn, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that TFG deems is reasonable at the time.
10. By entering the competition, participants agree and understand that they may win a prize, but that there is no guarantee that they will win a prize.
11. There will be 20 winners in total - each will win a win an outfit to the value of R3 000, including a personal stylist from Foschini – the outfit must be selected at Foschini (Canal Walk Shopping Centre) on Saturday, 12 or Saturday, 19 August (exact day and time of each winner’s styling session will be supplied by Good Hope FM’s promotions coordinator), between 12:00 and 15:00. If the value of the outfit chosen by a winner is higher than the gift card won by that winner, the winner will have to pay in the difference herself.
12. The selection of outfits made available for prizes will be at TFG’s sole discretion.
13. Winners must make themselves available to attend one of the styling sessions at Foschini, Canal Walk Shopping Centre, where they will collect their prizes and stylists will style the winners’ outfits. Winners must give their full cooperation at these styling sessions as well as in all correspondence with the competition organisers and TFG. Photographers will photograph the styling sessions and the photos will be made available on various social media and/or printed media platforms (including, but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, various blogs, TFG magazines etc.) for publicity purposes. The winners may also be requested to agree to interviews.
14. Winners will not be entitled to a claim for travel expenses or any other expenses they have to incur in order to collect their prizes or to attend the styling sessions. Winners will furthermore not be entitled to claim for any alterations that may have to be made to the outfits chosen by them.
15. In the event that winners do not give their full cooperation to the Promoter or the competition organisers, if the Promoter suspects any fraud or if the winners do not strictly comply with these terms and conditions, the winners will forfeit their prizes.
16. Participants and winners will not do anything or allow anything to be done which, in the opinion of TFG, is prejudicial to the name, business or reputation of TFG, any of its trading names, brands or suppliers. Participants and winners will exercise the utmost good faith in its dealings with TFG.
17. TFG, its directors, agents, employees and the promoters/sponsors do not accept any responsibility for any entries that are lost, damaged or delayed.
18. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred or exchangeable for cash, credit or otherwise.
19. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
20. This competition commenced on Monday, 24 July 2017 and end at midnight on Thursday, 3 August 2017. No late entries will be accepted.
21. Winner/s will be selected at the discretion of Good Hope FM representatives on Tuesday, 8 July 2017 at the Good Hope FM office in SABC Building, Sea Point, in the presence of an independent accountant/auditor/attorney and will contacted via e-mail/telephone. If the Promoter or competition organiser is not able to contact any winner within 24 hours of 8 July 2017, another winner will be selected in their place.
22. Winners will be announced on air on Thursday, 10 August 2017 where after the winners’ names will be listed on the Good Hope FM website.
23. The decision of the competition organisers and/or the Promoter as to the winners is final and there will be no correspondence entered into.
24. By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, you hereby indemnify TFG, its directors, agents, employees, competition organisers and promoters/sponsors against any damages of any nature whatsoever that anyone may suffer as a result of the prizes and/or this competition, including consequential damages and economic loss.
25. Failure to comply with these rules or the terms of acceptance of a prize by a winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the winner will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.
26. TFG may request the winners to agree in writing to endorse, promote or advertise any of its goods or services.
27. The winners, their names, likeness, profiles, photos, voices, sound effects and/or caricatures may be required to be used for publicity purposes and the winners and/or their representatives agree that they will not be entitled to any payment, any other type of compensation or royalties.
28. The winners hold harmless, release and discharge TFG and the above-mentioned social media platforms from any claims, demands and/or causes of action the winners or any person/entity acting on their behalf may have by reason of their consent.
29. Any person who participates in this competition shall be deemed to have accepted these competition rules and agrees to be bound by them.
All twenty worthy winners have been selected and announced in the Good Hope FM Teen Dream 2017 competition with Foschini.
The first ten winners selected their dream outfit with the help of a Foschini stylist to the value of R3 000 for their Matric Farewell at the Foschini store at Canal Walk on Saturday, 12 August and the second ten winners was accommodated on Saturday, 19 August.
On both Saturdays Danilo Acquisto hosted The Music Lab live between 12:00 and 15:00 from the store, overseeing and reporting on the Foschini team sorting the girls out from head to toe, again making a sound difference together. The Good Hope FM Teen Dream 2017 competition brought to you by Foschini is supported by the SABC Foundation.
The ten girls who selected their winning matric ball outfit at Foschini Canal Walk on Saturday, 12 August 2017:
1. Laaiqah Adams from Trafalgar High School
2. Chanelle Andrews from Valhalla Secondary
3. Megan Thebus from Westerford High
4. Cindy Van Noie from Belhar High School
5. Carrie Noble from Hottentots Holland High
6. Nolupho Ranyana from Harry Gwala High, Khayelitsha
7. Berenice Tuplana from De Rust Futura Academy, Grabouw
8. Quddoossiyyah Jacobs from Portland High
9. Whitney Thomas from Ocean View Secondary
10. Misqah Ganief from Lentegeur Secondary School
The ten girls who will select their winning matric ball outfit at Foschini Canal Walk on Saturday, 19 August 2017:
1. Abigail Fenton from Grassy Park High School
2. Iviwe Nikani from Blouberg Rant High School
3. Yamkela Ncatsha from Cape Town High
4. Berriheatha Coetzee from Voorbrug Senior Secondary
5. Raeesah Satarien from Grassdale High
6. Melissa Van Duyn from Steenberg High
7. Kayla Douman from Rocklands Senior Secondary
8. Yoliswa Tokwe from Oude Molen Techincal High, Pinelands
9. Chelsea Alexander from Windermere High
10. Chante van Rooi from Blackheath Secondary School