"user": a person who uses and/or access computer Software and/or material via the SABC site;
"SABC": South African Broadcasting Corporation established in terms of the Broadcasting Act No. 4 of 1999;
"Software": Including but not limited to any images or files incorporated in or generated by the software or data accompanying such software;
"material": Including but not limited to: text, submissions, images, audio and/or video in whole or in part;
"content": Included but not limited to software and material;
"SABC sites": All the sites on the World Wide Web controlled and/or owned by the SABC;
"submissions": Including but not limited to notes, images, creative materials, ideas, suggestions concepts, communication including any data, questions, comments and other information submitted in the SABC sites via transmission by electronic mail or otherwise;
"forums": Including but not limited to bulletin boards, chatrooms and other public areas found on the SABC sites;
In this agreement unless it appears to the contrary, the singular shall include the plural and visa versa, any reference to any gender shall also includes the opposite gender and any reference to a natural person, shall include legal person and visa versa.
1. Trade mark / copyrights and restrictions on use
1. The sites consist of contents which are derived entirely or in part from content supplied by the SABC and other sources. The said contents are protected under applicable South African Copyright and Trade Mark Laws, International Trade Marks and Copyright Laws and conventions.
2. The user, with the inclusion of but not the limitation of, may not reproduce, duplicate, publish, modify, copy, download, upload in any manner, post, broadcast or transmit, reverse engineer or disenable, display, or distribute or in any way exploit any of the contents that being software and/or material. Except in so far that the user may download one copy of the content on any single computer for the user's personal, non commercial home use only. Provided that all propriety notices and restrictions attached onto the content are kept intact, unless expressly permitted by the site, or unless prior written consent from the SABC has been obtained. Requests for permission regarding any issue relating the contents which fall into the ambit of the limitations stated above, can be made by contacting the SABC in writing at : * Legal Services * Private Bag x1 * Auckland Park * 2006
3. The user is also strictly prohibited from creating works, and/or software materials derived from or which are based on the contents found on this site. The prohibition applies regardless of whether the content are sold, negotiated or given away and/or further alienated in any manner whatsoever.
2.access and availability of service and links
1. The SABC contains links to other related world which web Internet sites. No inference can be made or representation implied that the SABC is connected with, operates or controls these linked web sites. Whether or not these linked sites are in fact affiliated with the SABC, the SABC is not responsible for the content on the aforesaid sites. The links sites are for the users convenience only and the user access to thereto is at the users own risk.
3. Submissions / bulletin boards
1. Any submissions, shall be deemed to be and remain the exclusive property of the SABC. The various forums content, which are found on the SABC sites, shall be deemed to remain the exclusive property of the SABC.
2. The SABC has the right, but not the obligation to monitor and review submissions submitted by users, in the forums. The SABC shall not be responsible for any of the content of these messages. The SABC further reserves the right, to delete, move or edit submissions that the SABC, in its exclusive discretion, deems abusive, defamatory, obscene or in violation of any Copyright or Trademark laws or otherwise objectionable.
4. Rules of conduct for the user
1. The user with the inclusion of but not the limitation of, agrees that they will not transmit submissions to the SABC sites that;
1. Use any of the forums for illegal purposes;
2. Are for purpose of spamming;
3. Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the forums;
4. Are unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, profane pornographic and/or allow for indecent information that constitutes a criminal offence and/or gives rise to a civil liability claim or otherwise violates any local, national or international law;
5. Violate the Copyright, Trademark or other Intellectual property rights of any other person by the submission of the content to the SABC sites through the forums or other avenues, which allow for such submissions. The user by the transmission of content in any manner whatsoever, represents to the SABC that they are the rightful owner of such content transmitted or that the user has obtained permission from the rightful owners to submit such content transmitted;
6. Contain viruses or other harmful contents;
7. Are intended for commercial purposes, contain marketing or promotional materials or are intended to solicit donations.
The user agrees that all submission become the exclusive property of the SABC. The user agrees that they shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of Copyrights, Trademarks and other proprietary rights or any other damages resulting from such a submission. The user further indemnifies and holds the SABC harmless against all claims for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the SABC sites.
5. Damages, Warranty, Indemnity
1. The user expressly agrees that the use of the SABC site is at the users sole risk. The SABC does not guarantee or warrant;
1. that the SABC sites will be uninterrupted;
2. that the SABC sites will be default free and that the defects will be corrected;
3. that the results that may be obtained from the use or application from information gained from the SABC sites in so far as accuracy and content of any such information is concerned;
4. any merchandise provided through the SABC sites.
2. These sites are provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, non- infringement, title, security and compatibility.
3. The user acknowledges and confirms the SABC indemnity to, including but not limited to, indirect, direct, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising from the use of or inability to use SABC sites. The user acknowledges that the provisions of this paragraph shall apply to all the contents of the SABC sites.
4. The disclaimer of liability applies to damages or injury, including but not limited to, indirect, direct, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or of profits, whether in breach of contract, tortious action, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
5. If any of the terms and conditions of this agreement should be deemed to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms and conditions are intended to be effective than to the extent only and within the jurisdiction in which that term and condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this agreement and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
1. This agreement, the terms, conditions and operating rules for the SABC sites, constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. The agreement and the terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Any dispute arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts and/or Tribunals of the Republic of South Africa. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall be of no legal consequence.
2. The SABC may at any time revise these terms and conditions by updating the postings. The user is bound by such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this agreement to review the then current terms and conditions to which the user is bound.
3. The SABC shall have the exclusive right to at any time change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the SABC sites.
7. Agreement to and termination of agreement
1. The use of or access to these sites constitutes the users acceptance of terms and conditions hereof, which are binding on the user and take effect on a date which the user first makes use of, or access to the SABC sites.
2. If the user does not accept all the terms and conditions in full, the user must exit the site immediately. The SABC has the exclusive discretion to terminate the agreement at any time.
3. After the user has exited the site as aforesaid the user must destroy all content, whether materials or software, obtained from the site and all copies thereof.
4. In the event of the user failing to exit the site as aforesaid the SABC has the right to claim any indirect, direct, incidental, special or punitive damages caused to the SABC from the users unauthorized access and/or use of the SABC sites. The user further indemnifies the SABC against any claims for damages of whatsoever nature caused to another party by the users unauthorized use and/or access of the sites
On Air: 06:00 - 09:00
Good Hope FM Breakfast
with Guy McDonald